The Vision of Baycrest is to transform the experience of aging through leading innovations in brain health, wellness promotion, and approaches to care that enrich the lives of older adults.
5E – Continuing Care - currently has an opportunity for a
Part-Time -0.40 F.T.E. (30.0 Hours Bi-Weekly)
Days/Weekends (potential to rotate)
Note: Scheduled hours can change at a future date due to operational/client needs.
ONA - Rate Scale: $30.17- $43.61
- Current registration, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario (‘CNO’) is required.
- B.Sc.N is preferred.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certificate, Level C - Automated External Device (‘AED’) is required.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in gerontological nursing.
- Previous Complex Continuing Care (‘CCC”) experience is preferred.
- Excellent decision-making skills based on timely and concise assessments.
- Excellent leadership and delegation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Evidence of ability to work with clients exhibiting challenging behaviours required.
- Demonstrated interest and ability in working with frail elderly clients.
- Demonstrated expertise in clinical assessment of elderly clients with complex medical conditions/disease processes.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take professional accountability for leading, organizing, providing and delegating care activities for clients and families.
- Demonstrated ability to meet professional clinical infection control protocols.
- Interest in theory-based nursing practice.
- Interest in professional life-long learning and development.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with clients and families.
- Ability to implement the Nursing process with special emphasis on crisis intervention and ability to create a safe therapeutic milieu for clients.
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel is an asset.
As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students/researchers, physicians and volunteers.
Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (416) 785-2500, ext. 2961.